Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday 14th July

No photos today.

It is now a month since we left home. Amazing how quickly the time has flown. We must be in holiday mode as we tend to forget what day it is.

Today was a bit quiet as we had to get the Mazda Bravo to have an oil and filter change as we have done over 5000 kms since we left home.

I managed to do a shorter ride because I had to take the Bravo to have its service. While on the 25 km ride, I spotted another Kimberley Karavan in a caravan park. I stopped and chatted to the owners who are from Yepoon in Queensland. They are going in the same direction as us but doing the Kimberleys a little differently. We may catch up when we are doing the Gibb River Road.

On return to our current location, I had a quick shower then took the Bravo for its service. Prue had just returned from her walk. After dropping the Bravo, I walked the 5 kms back to here and later in the day I did the return walk. Good practise for the Kimberleys! I had a snooze when I came back from the first walk and did a little reading later.

It has been quite warm again here, up to 31 degrees. I am amazed to see some people around wearing clothing that would be suitable in our cold climate. In the Shopping Centre I heard a person say how cool it was. Time for them to have a trip to the south and real cold.

Tonight we just had a BBQ with Richard and his family and had a nice red to help it down. An earlier night tonight.

No comments: