Tuesday, September 16, 2008

15th September 2008

A bit similar day to yesterday, but my medication is really starting to help. A bit more energy but not enough to go for a bike ride.

After having my breakfast, I did some washing just to ensure I do not get too far behind. I am not the type of person that looks for the cleanest dirty clothes. So, I have managed to keep in front of the pile. No doubt, I will have long lasting memories of the Kimberley red dust as it has ingrained into clothes and towels, Probably never to be removed. No wonder the Aboriginal paintings last!

I did some maintenance jobs around the Karavan in preparation for moving tomorrow. There needed to be a hose fitting replaced on the back where the caravan park water supply can come directly into the Karavan rather than through the onboard tank.

Later in the morning, I went into the Mount Isa CBD to get the hose fitting from Bunnings and some other items from KMart and Coles. While in there, I had a lovely Vanilla Chiller at Gloria Jean's. Being quite hot, 33 degrees, the Chiller was just what I needed as I have not felt like a coffee for a few days.

When I returned to the Sunset Caravan Park, I packed the shopping away. Then I repaired the hose connector. With this burst of energy, I even managed to give the Bravo a wash. While doing that, there were a few drops of rain but nothing more. Rain is desperately needed in this area as they had a low rainfall last wet season.

As usual, there is always some chat with neighbouring caravan owners. The usual chat is either about what we have seen or where we are going. There is always an exchange of information.

I did some reading, during the afternoon, from a book by Phil O'Brien - "The Minor Successes of a Bloke That Never Had a Real Lot of Luck" who also wrote "101 Adventures That Have Got Me Absolutely Nowhere". The latter book was full of really funny stories. The first one is not quite so humourous but still a good light read.

From "101 Adventures That Have Got Me Absolutely Nowhere" comes one of the most horrible, horror stories ever told, Phil O’Brien lets us in on a night of sheer unadulterated, gut-wrenching terror. An innocent night at a remote roadside pub turns very, very ugly.

A dead kangaroo, a grumpy governess, and one slightly inebriated Phil O’Brien – it’s a love triangle with a twist, set amidst the panoramic splendor of Heartbreak Hotel some 700km south east of Darwin. You need to read the book to enjoy the rest of the story. You can here this story here.

By then it was time for dinner but no red wine during the last 3 days. Maybe, that will change again soon.

No comments: