Monday, September 8, 2008

8th September 2008

Last night was the first cool night I have experienced for about 2 months. I actually had to drag a light blanket up early in the morning. When I did get up, I discovered that the temperature was about 14 degrees which is somewhat cooler than the past month or so. Everyone in the Caravan Park tells me to expect cooler nights as I go south. That is really something to look forward to! One good thing is the day warms up quickly and today it was around 35 degrees.

Moving a bit east from Western Australia, I am finding the sun is not getting up as early as it was in Kununurra. Over there, the first light was about 0500 but here is much later at 0615.

This morning I went for a ride to the Mataranka Homestead Resort. It was only a trip of around 30 kms. As the temperature was very pleasant, it made for a very nice ride. The other thing I noticed was that there was no strong wind like the mornings I rode in either Broome or Kununurra.

After my ride, I returned to the Caravan Park to do some washing and have a shower. Just after my shower I was asked to do another massage. The two massages here have more than paid the Caravan Park fees. The massage towels were washed after completion of the massage.

Then it was time for lunch, just a nice sandwich. During this time, Prue called to say she had arrived in Melbourne after leaving Darwin on a Virgin Blue flight first to Brisbane then transferring to a flight to Melbourne. Then she caught a train to complete her journey to Carrie and Isaac.

Following my lunch, I had a read of a book for a while then went to Bitter Springs on my bike for a swim. When I arrived it was very quiet but about an hour later the place was briefly invaded by a tour group on a trip from Alice Springs to Darwin.

Then back to the Caravan Park and sorted out a few items and prepared for my dinner and red wine to wash it down.

I spoke to Prue and she is safely in Sale now. So that has been my day.

The photos are of the sunset from the Caravan Park.


No comments: