Monday, September 8, 2008

7th September 2008

First day on the road alone and to make it worse it was Father’s Day. Anyway, I did hear from the family
I packed up the Karavan and hitched up the Bravo to it. Then I moved over to where Mick, Jen and Sam were still packing up. We chatted for a while and then said our good byes.
After leaving the Big 4 “Low Level” Caravan Park, I travelled in to town to park the rig in the tourist car park. Then I went into Woolworths to get a few items.
Today’s trip was a short one compared to other days. My destination was Mataranka and the Mataranka Cabins and Camping Caravan Park. It was only about 110 kms to get here.
When I arrived I had a lengthy chat with the manager, Sharon. Then I moved over and found a reasonable site not far from the ablution block. Eventually, I set everything up as I am staying for 2 nights here.
Following my setup, I then went for a short bike ride to the Thermal Springs. A few people were there and had some interesting chats with people from numerous locations. I had about an hour in the flowing pool which looked so clear before I returned to the Karavan and made some lunch. The temperature was in the mid 30 degree range. Some other campers told me that south even as close as Tennant Creek it is quite cool at night. So I am heading into cooler weather, it seems.
While at the Thermal Springs, I came across this nice friendly couple from Hervey Bay and he produces the Gutter Gripper. It is a very innovative item for attaching to various items especially using sail track.
Later in the afternoon the Caravan Park Manager, Sharon, came for a massage. Her second massage from me. She has started doing Massage Therapy by distance education, as I have done. So her massage had a lot more chatter than normal. While I was doing her massage, another lady has booked in for the morning.
After completing the massage, I joined my new found friends, Barry and Marlene, along with another couple, Barry and Kate, for evening drinks including trying some home brew. Very nice but could be headache material, too.
Then I cooked my fish dinner but not caught by me.

No comments: