Friday, August 15, 2008

14th August 2008

Today was a very relaxing day.

After breakfast, I went for a short walk into Windjana Gorge and took a few photos of reflections before the wind came up. Already there were many people walking into the Gorge and it was only 0730.

While in there, I made conversation with several people who were in a tour group. Surprise, they knew people I knew from around Temora in southern NSW. This is the amazing thing even though we are so far from home; there are numerous contacts from down south.

Prue eventually set her art work and did some more painting especially while it was a little cooler. She has started several nice looking paintings. You may get to see them at some later stage.

Before Prue did too much painting, she made a cappuccino for us. Following this, she then cut my hair. It is about 9 weeks since ‘Spearo’ cut my hair in Ballina and it is about 12 ½ years since Prue last cut my hair. She has done a great job and I feel much better. She will not let me give her hair a cut though! I wonder why?!

I did some more reading before I did some minor jobs around the Karavan and Bravo in preparation for our departure to Derby. Nothing major but things like checking tyre pressure and gluing some small broken plastic items together.

Later in the afternoon, we walked into the Windjana Gorge for a last look at the wildlife in the water mainly. So many crocodiles and barramundi in the same relatively small waterhole. There must have been about 50 crocs’ visible and too many barramundi to count.

As we walked out, Prue offered to take a photo of a young couple he is from Sydney and she from the north of Italy. They were a really nice couple that chatted to us as we walked back to camp.

When back in the camp, we made contact with another Mazda Bravo couple, who we met in Kununurra, and had just completed the Gibb River road with a camper trailer. I feel somewhat cheated that we have not been able to travel that road.

Anyway, the day was drawing to a close, as is our visit here, and we had our regular red wine and nibbles. Soon after I cooked up a stir fry and after we had beautiful Kununurra rock melon to finish up. Then it was time to pack up the items we could so as to be able to leave at a reasonable hour in the morning for Derby. To finish, we enjoyed that Kimberley moon again.

No comments: