Friday, August 29, 2008

28th August 2008

This morning is my sister and niece’s birthdays. Spoke to Bindi for a while.

I, again, went off on my bike ride. This morning was very foggy with the humidity about 87% and the early temperature about 15.5 degrees. The best part, there was no wind but because of the fog my ride glasses had moisture on them almost until I arrived back at the Karavan at about 0815.

Prue went for a walk in the fog with a lot of other people. While she was on the beach, she captured a white rainbow. Not only did she capture the rainbow but also the early camel ride on Cable Beach. Being so humid, both of us were perspiring when we arrived back. It took a while to cool and dry off.

I had a booking to do a massage at 0930 so I had to cool down and shower before then. As I did the massage I was dripping because of the humidity. It is never pleasant do that type of work in that type of condition. Sadly, I did not have a fan or even a breeze. Anyway, I had a very happy massage client at the end.

While I was doing the massage, Prue did a little bit of painting and some drawing while sitting under the lovely shade of the trees next to our neighbouring caravan.

Then we went into town primarily to check on a noise we had picked up in the engine area. Fortunately, it was only in need of the fan and air conditioner belts being tightened. They appeared tight but the most helpful Mazda service man told me they need to be quite tight. He was very positive and then would not accept payment and said to enjoy the remainder of our trip. He was from Broome Central Motors. They are certainly worth going to for service or repairs in Broome. They also employ a young Aboriginal apprentice who is very motivated and friendly also.

We then went out the Tenderspot Meat Company to order meat for our travel to Alice Springs during the next 2 weeks. The order was placed then we went back into town to really stock up on items we need to complete our travel needs. This included some nice Merlot wine from Hardy’s. This will have to get us a long way, so we stocked up!

Later in the afternoon, we went for a drive along way on Cable Beach towards Willie Creek. The racks were a little sparse but very recent so I went on. There were some 4wds coming towards me and I decided we had gone far enough. I started to turn to the right gradually. The down I went in the sand. So I had to get out and lower the tyre pressure to about 20 psi on all 4 tyres. A nice backpacker couple stopped to ensure we were going to get out and told us they had experienced the same problem. I tried to move and it did move a bit so I went forward a little then came out backwards. A small stoppage but soon overcome. Later down the beach, I reinflated the tyres to their normal pressure and then we had a lovely swim.

On return to the Caravan Park, we had a shower then joined Peter and Lyn, next door, for drinks and a good chat. They were going to Windjana Gorge in the morning so we were able to tell them about our experiences there. Then an early night.

No comments: