Sunday, August 10, 2008

9th August 2008

We awoke to a cool morning of about 18 degrees. A winter morning in Kununurra! Anyway, it was some exercise as usual for us both.

Prue off on a walk around the Kununurra town. From this she was checking out the Saturday morning markets. As I have mentioned previously, the markets are quite small but it is an outlet for some people with their various goods. While Prue walked she was confronted by a large dog of unknown heritage. Luckily, she did not get bitten although she said it was barking at her from behind and she felt threatened.

My cycle trip was on the usual circuit. The wind was not too bad going out and that was confirmed by the only spray aircraft, Thrush, spraying some crop I could not quite see. However, by the time I had reached the most northerly end, the wind had increased considerably. Even the aircraft returned to its nearby base. I lost about 6 or 7 kms/hour on the turn into the wind. When I returned to the Karavan, I had a lovely call from Deb and Ian who were in Ballina, from Moree, and had just ridden with the Ballina BUG members. So many messages and comments came. It was nice to hear from them all while they sat at Pelican 181 in Ballina.

From 0900, I started the massage sessions for several hours. Thankfully, not too many as I was feeling a bit tired after the ride.

After the massages, Ian and I decided that we would go around checking if the Bravo was going to be finished. I was pleasantly surprised to be told by the Kununurra Panel Beating Works owner, that it was on a test drive and should be right to go when it returned. It arrived back and the test driver said all was fine to go. So I fixed up the necessary items with Darren the repairer and we were on our way to the Caravan Park. Much joy from Prue and Kay as I drove into the Caravan Park with the Bravo.

After a good look over the Bravo, I cleaned the back and started to reload the boxes into it. While I was doing this, I had a call from Helen Parrington, who is a senior pilot with Slingair, asking us to join her and Ty, her partner, for lunch at the Tavern. So we went along with Ian and Kay. We had a lovely lunch and much chat. We had not met Ty before and found out about his helicopter mustering job for the mostly Packer owned stations. His background was with cattle and transport of them in road trains. Ty said it is a pre requisite to fly mustering helicopters which are predominately Robinson R22.

After a long lunch, we came back and did a bit more reloading onto the Bravo. Then it was almost time for sundowner drinks again.

So a day that we had been looking forward to because the Mazda Bravo is back on the road and will allow us to move away from Kununurra on Monday morning.

No comments: